If you have been living with diabetes for a while now, you are most likely familiar with traditional diabetes treatments and prevention measures, such as insulin and diet change. Both are equally important in maintaining. But, many people are learning how to use cannabis oil to help cope with the disease. Cannabis oil is also referred to as CBD.
How is Cannabis Oil Good for Treating Diabetes?
Cannabis oil is developing a great reputation for helping with many diseases and disorders. But, for diabetes, the multiple ways it can help is impressive, such as the following favorable results stemming from possible treatments for diabetes in the form of cannabis:
- Works to stabilize a person’s blood sugar levels
- Reduces pain often associated with diabetes caused by nerve inflammation, called neuropathy, by activating the receptors found in the brain and body
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory to help reduce some of the known arterial inflammation that is found in many diabetics
- Aids in improving circulation by keeping blood vessels open
- Helps to relieve muscle cramping and gastrointestinal disorders by acting as an anti-spasmodic agent
- Helps to gradually reduce blood pressure, which is very important for diabetic patients
- Using cannabis oil or butter in foods, rather than traditional fats, could be beneficial to the heart and arteries
- Used in a vaporizer, cannabis oil can help calm restless leg syndrome, a common ailment of diabetic patients
Making it into a topical cream to help diminish neuropathic pain, as well as common tingling in the feet and hands, is also another way to use cannabis oil.
As with all available treatments, there is conflicting evidence on the role cannabis oil takes for the prevention of Type II Diabetes. However, research does show it to be beneficial as an effective and alternative treatment for those who have already been diagnosed with either Type I and Type II Diabetes.
In 2013, the American Journal of Medicine concluded the following:
- Cannabis compounds could help to control a patient’s blood sugar
- Users of cannabis are less likely to become obese
Both above benefits are important in a diabetic patient, either a current or a future one.
Choosing the best cannabis oil for diabetes
When looking to buy a CBD oil for diabetes, look for one produced by a reputable manufacturer. An independently tested oil suggest the oil meets quality standards and will be consistent between doses. Customer reviews and consultation with a physician familiar with CBD therapeutics will be helpful for finding the right cannabis oil for diabetes.
If you are a diabetic patient or are at elevated risk of developing the disease, consider using cannabis oil as an alternative treatment. To learn more about where to find it, how it works, and other possible benefits of CBD, click here, and to learn about how it helps in treating cancer click here.